Saturday, February 10, 2007

Repujado Class


Student Work
Originally uploaded by carlamarieweir.
Today was the second of two Repujado classes I gave at the Latino Cultural Center. I had about 10 students and they had a really good time and made some great projects (as you can see). I've really enjoyed sharing this artform with people and there seems to be a real demand for it. I can't help but think that it could go mainstream any minute now, especially because of the boom in scrap-booking and paper arts. For now though, most of the students I get are Spanish speakers who already know about it and always wanted to learn. My mom came to the class and had a blast chatting with everyone and telling them how to do repujado--even though she's never done any whatsoever! She's hilarious!

Tomorrow we're going to Cirque du Soleil!!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty work. Did you do any of the pieces or are they all student work? Will you be giving another class/classes in the future? Scot Edd