Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Briefly a Pelican


Briefly a Pelican
Originally uploaded by carlamarieweir
Spring has definitely sprung. Lots of little blooms, and green popping up everywhere. It's been such a crazy March with alternating cold and hot weather. This year, we didn't do Spring Break together, or go camping. Ricardo and the girls went to Houston for a few days without me while I worked. I then joined them for a few days and stayed in Houston while they came on home to Dallas. I took this picture at White Rock lake during my bachelorette weekend alone at home. I've never stayed home by myself and it was very quiet! I did enjoy some time alone, which was much needed and refreshing. I missed the girls and was happy to see them when we did get together. Being a mom of teenagers has been difficult lately. This alone time can help me refocus on what's important, on keeping the peace, and enjoying what time I have left with them at home.

No comments: