Sunday, November 12, 2006

I Want to Gogh...



I had a great time last week when Janet and I went to see the Hatshepsut exhibit at the Kimball in Fort Worth. I was really impressed with how different the style was from other Egyptian works I've seen. It reminded me of when I first came to Dallas and Janet and I went to see King Tut. It had been too long since I'd had a high brow outing with a girlfriend! Now I really want to see the Van Gogh "Sheaves of Wheat" exhibit, I apologize for the pun in the title...

Ever wonder what kind of art movement you would be? Well, I hadn't thought of that either, but found this on the web and thought it was kind of funny and interesting. I DO love impressionism, or it was one of the first artistic styles that I noticed for myself. So I took this silly quiz and found out...

You Are Impressionism
You think the world is quite beautiful, especially if you look at it in new and interesting ways.You tend to focus on color and movement in art.For you, seeing the big picture is much more important than recording every little detail.You can find inspiration anywhere... especially from nature.
What Art Movement Are You?



So, go on, find out what kind of art movement you are...you know you want to know...

No comments: